Here is another piece that I think many will find interesting, especially if you are a lay servant interested in becoming a new lay speaker.
I was recently asked to write a piece for Seedbed on key texts for understanding Wesleyan theology. Here are the books I recommended:
1. John Wesley’s Sermons: An Anthology, edited by Albert C. Outler and Richard P. Heitzenrater (Abingdon, 1991) or The Sermons of John Wesley: A Collection for the Christian Journey, edited by Kenneth J. Collins and Jason E. Vickers (Abingdon, 2013) when it is released by Abingdon.
2. Key United Methodist Beliefs, William J. Abraham and David F. Watson (Abingdon, 2013).
3. Responsible Grace: John Wesley’s Practical Theology, Randy L. Maddox (Kingswood, 1994).
4. The Theology of John Wesley: Holy Love and the Shape of Grace, Kenneth J. Collins (Abingdon, 2007).
5. Mainline or Methodist: Rediscovering our Evangelistic Mission, Scott Kisker (Discipleship Resources, 2008).
6. Wesley and Sanctification, Harald Lindström (Francis Asbury Press, 1996).
View original post 41 more words