I know that the following will make some people mad because they want to direct their anger and/or displeasure with the occupant in the White House but here are some questions that should be directed to your Congressman and Senator, no matter what party they belong to?
- Why are members of Congress getting paid during the “shutdown”?
- Who determines who is an essential employee and who is a non-essential employee?
- Why are we, the taxpayers, not allowed to have a voice in the salaries of Representatives and Senators?
- Why are Representatives and Senators eligible for full pensions even after serving one-term?
- And finally, why are we not allowed to have the same health care benefits that Representatives and Senators have? As plans go, it is a far cry better than anything conceived or offered to the public.
I know it is a lot to ask but why is it that we are suppose to struggle to get by and like it while our elected representatives can live a style that they think that have a right to live in?